Saturday, November 21, 2009

If I write - People will think I am an imposter

Today, as it was weekend I thought of going somewhere out. I went to Landmark and was just buzzing around and I noticed a book about "Writing". Picked the book and started reading. The book explained about "Writers Block". When I started my blog I did not think if my writings will be thought as good or bad. I just started it, because I was writing the blog for myself. Most of the people when they are asked to start a blog they just tell, "I don't know where to start, I am thinking of a name of my blog". Well, I think they are blocking themselves by giving all these reasons. Even if most of the people start blogging they are not consistent. I do understand that it is difficult to be consistent in writing.

People that I know have given me some reasons as follows when I asked them start blogging,
1. Who will read my blog?
2. Everyone is doing that? Why should I?
3. What are the benefits of blogging?
4. If I write, at some point of time people will think that I am an imposter.
5. My writing skills are not good. May be I will think of it in future when I might have some good writing skill.
6. I don't have time for it, I am happy with the work I do in my organization.
7. The list goes on...

If you think that what others think, then you will be always blocked. So clear all the blocks and start writing. No matter how good or bad is your writing just start it. Because with practice you become a good writer. I agree that my writings are not that good till now. But I see that my writings are improving for myself.

I have seen many bloggers who are consistent. One of the example is "Parimala Shankariah" - She always blogs and I see a tremendous change in her writings nowadays. Before I used skip through the content of her post. But now I go through them fully because the content is so compelling. So she is a "Live Oracle" for people who have not started blogging for some reasons which are acting as a block for themselves. Friends, I think you should really start writing now. All the best.

If you have any questions then you can e-mail me at Santhosh [dot] Tuppad [at] gmail [dot] com.

Or else skype me - santhosh.s.tuppad.

2 comments:

Parimala Hariprasad said...

@Santhosh

Live Oracle! I am flattered :D

Thank You,
Parimala Shankaraiah

Santhosh Tuppad said...

@Parimala,
You deserve it. You will be set as an example for the budding bloggers. Your writings will impress many bloggers to start blogging.